Sunday, September 18, 2011

Biking The Longleaf Trail September 17, 2011

Randy and I have decided to try and get a little healther so we've started walking and biking on a regular basis.  I've lost 12 pounds since we started and I feel  better physically and mentally.  Hopefully this good feeling will last.  Randy has lost about 8 pounds.  We try to walk at least 4 times a week and as soon as his new trike gets here we will be riding more frequently.  He's been riding a mountain bike and it's been pretty rough on his bottom.  I've had a trike for a couple of years but haven't been riding much because I don't want to ride alone....scared of dogs.
Yesterday we rode the Longleaf Trail from Jackson Road to Epiley Road and back, 15 miles.  It was tiring but fun.
We also met another recumbent rider along the way, the first one other than mine.























No comments: