Sunday, September 28, 2008

September 28, 2008 I Hate Electronics



I have had a major problem with card readers today. Last night my card reader stopped working so we walked across the street from the motel and bought a new one from Radio Shack for $54. It was the only one they had and I was desperate. I have 3 digital cameras and all of the cards have photos from the day. It was nearly 10 PM and by the time we got back to the room and discovered the new reader would not read my new 4 GB high capacity card but it was too late, the store was closed. I figured it was my pissy luck because this morning we were up and gone before Radio Shack opened. About 150 miles down the road in Hastings, Nebraska, we found another Radio Shack and stopped to see if they could help. The salesman was very helpful and did his very best to get the reader to read my card but to no avail. In the end he exchanged the reader for a high capacity reader which was also $30 cheaper. So I was happy. We got to Broken Bow, Nebraska and guess what...it won't work. After several hours of working at trying to get my photos off of the cards I have decided it is this crappy laptop. I made the mistake of leaving my Dell laptop at home and bringing Randy's Toshiba. Bad choice. It has given me grief since we left home. The only solution is to have my Dell Fed Ex'd to me....somewhere. I will call FedEx tomorrow and try to get this solved.
As for the trip, we did not get as far as we would have liked but we goofed off at Radio Shack and we stopped at every historical marker between Abilene, Kansas and Broken Bow, Nebraska. One of them was the geological center of the United States. I've got pictures....oh damn.
We had supper at the Tumbleweed cafe and got a room in the Pump and Pantry Motel. We are the only guests. Ain't that cute?

1 comment:

Du said...

So What's the next step cause I'm dying to see the new pictures?