Saturday, January 3, 2009

January 3, 2009 A New Year

I love the holidays just as much as the next person but I've got to say I am glad they are finally behind me. The hustle and bustle of shopping and especially the increase in traffic on the road always makes Christmas a hastle. So...I'm glad it's over.
Happy New Year to everyone!!
Randy and I discussed our next big trip and where we might go but that is not until September so if anyone out there has suggestions please pass them on. We want to see nature not cities. I was thinking about the northwestern part of the country: Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Montana. Last trip we had to skip Pikes Peak and Royal Gorge because of snow so maybe we can do those places.
Until then, there are some places closer to home: the Jackson Zoo, Vicksburg, the panhandle of Florida, bayous in Louisiana. Alot of times when I want to see new places I just get in the car and drive. Sometimes there is a destination but most of the time there is not so I end up finding all sorts of things. So the first chance I get I'll be back on the road.

No comments: