Friday, September 17, 2010

Oh My God, It's Snowing September 17, 2010











Oh My God. It’s Snowing September 17, 2010

The first words out of my mouth this morning was, “Randy..it’s snowing. I hadn’t expected snow. Yesterday two rangers has assured us there was no snow coming. If we’d known we would have left yesterday. It was snowing and still snowing and more to come. Our Mississippi tires, street tread will not handle snow, much less mountains and snow. We closed the slide out to keep the snow from accumulating and got the camper nice and warm, had coffee (you know you can’t do anything without coffee) and then started packing up our stuff. Finally, a ranger came by and Randy stopped him. When he came back in he said, “I have good news and bad news, the bad news is that it’s going to snow all day. The good news is that the roads are not frozen so if we go now we might make it out.” You’ve never seen these two fat asses move so fast to get packed up. I wanted to stay, it was wonderful, but I knew deep down that if we got snowed in and the food ran out, I would have to eat Randy. So, we went. Sure enough the roads were not frozen and Randy drove us out of the park without any trouble. It continued to snow for the next 200 miles then changed to a light rain. By the time we reached Moore, Montana the roads were pretty mostly dry. We made to Greybull, Wyoming and found a small RV Park.

No comments: